Uninstall these appsCause: This is caused by a conflict between Windows 8.1 and the Sentinel HASP (USB Dongle) drivers.
Before you update to Windows 8.1, uninstall these apps. If you pause the update, you can restart it later from the Store.
- Sentinel Runtime Drivers
Solution: This issue will be resolved when updated drivers are made available on the Sentinel HASP website. In the first instance users should refer the matter to their IT department who can check for availability of updated drivers on the SafeNet website.
Until the updated drivers are made available the following workaround can be used to resolve the problem:
- Download the Sentinel HASP/LDK - Command Line Run-time Installer from here.
- Extract the haspdinst.exe executable to a directory on the target machine.
- At the command prompt use the following command to uninstall the drivers - "haspdinst -purge"
- Proceed with the upgrade to Windows 8.1
- The Sentinel HASP drivers can be reinstalled after the upgrade by running "haspdinst -i"